Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pilot Briefing


Welcome to my blog. My name is Ryan Ramsey. I have been involved in the RC arena for a little over a year now. As I was growing up I basically ate, drank and slept airplanes. My grandfather was a corporate pilot and still owns a couple of warbirds. He has a T6 and a PT 19. I spent every summer until age 13 at airshows. Twenty years later, when I discovered the RC world, I realized how lucky I was to have had such an awesome experience growing up and have fallen back in love with aviation. I was pleased to discover that you could fly warbirds with electric power, and that you could fly them almost anywhere. Now I am crazy about warbirds, both RC and the real deal. Since the beginning of my RC journey I have studied flight with a passion. Necessity at first, after crashing over and over, I began to learn the why and how it works and the why and how it doesn't work. My father also flies RC. He says that flying is like stacking BB's. I believe this is true. I had so many things stacked against me on my first efforts. I tried everything and learned so much due to my failures. My first RC was a RTF P 47 from NITROPLANES, which was my first mistake. I should have started with a trainer. I had no idea how difficult it was. I will review this plane and my other planes later. My point with this blog is to share the journey and the love of flying with anyone who's interested. Some of the websites that I visit are very good, however i am not satisfied with their attention to parkie warbirds. So in this blog, warbirds will be the main focus. We are going to get into reviews, tech talk (mods and upgrades), crash analysis, where to find the bargains and many other things. Videos and photos will be littered throughout. I am very excited about this. Please follow my blog and feel free to leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment